Drops for the ears are widely used to eliminate the infection, get rid of pain and get rid of the inflammatory process. Most of these products, including Otto Drops, contain several components.
This composition allows them to produce several effects at once, which alleviates the painful symptoms of ear inflammation in a patient.
What is this medicine
Otto Drops for Ears are a combination of two active ingredients:
- Phenazone. Analgesic and antipyretic of the pyrazolone group. It has anesthetic and anti-inflammatory effect. By blocking the enzyme cyclooxygenase and suppressing the synthesis of prostaglandins, this substance stops the inflammatory reaction and relieves pain.
- Lidocaine. Local anesthetic drug that eliminates pain during inflammation.
The use of these drops allows you to remove the symptoms of inflammation and remove even the pronounced pain syndrome, which is usually accompanied by the majority of otitis.
The medicine contains ethanol, glycerin and sodium thiosulfate as auxiliary components.
When it is used
The appointment of Otto drops is shown under the following conditions:
- otitis externa, including damage and fissures of the external auditory canal
- otitis media that is not accompanied by perforation of the eardrum
- myringitis (inflammation of the eardrum)
- barotraumatic and viral otitis.
Any inflammatory changes in the external and middle ear that are not accompanied by damage to the eardrum can be treated with this tool.
Contraindications for use
Ear drops Otto quickly cope with pain, but in some situations their use is contraindicated:
- With purulent otitis media, accompanied by perforation of the eardrum.
- If you are allergic or intolerant of any of the components of the drops.
- Intolerance to drugs from the group of pyrazolones.
Be wary of prescribing medication to infants and young children.
How to use them
Adults are prescribed 3-4 drops in the inflamed ear canal 2-3 times a day. Children and infants designate 1-2 drops in the external auditory canal.
In order to drip drops, you need to lay the patient with an inflamed ear up. Before digging in, the auricle is pulled back and up a little.
After that, they bury the recommended amount of drops in the ear and ask the patient to lie in this position for several minutes.
The analgesic effect of the drug comes almost immediately. After only 2-3 minutes, the patient feels a significant relief. This is the part of Ottod lidocaine.
After a couple of hours, its effect ceases, and the pain may return.
Adverse reactions and special instructions
Drops are well tolerated, but in sensitive patients they can provoke allergic reactions, which are manifested by itching, burning or rash. In such situations, treatment should be stopped and an antihistamine should be taken.
Important! When used in patients with perforated otitis, this remedy may cause irreversible hearing loss.
The drug can be used in conjunction with other drugs. Combined therapy will only strengthen the anesthetic and anti-inflammatory effect of the drug.
Otto is used only locally and externally, so the instruction does not describe cases of overdose.
The tool does not affect the control mechanisms and does not have systemic effects. Can be used during pregnancy and lactation after consultation with the doctor.
Patient Reviews and Opinions
Otto – effective painkillers and anti-inflammatory drops. They are prescribed to children and adults for the treatment of external and some otitis media.
Before use, you need to visit Laura and study the instructions for the medicine.