4 s 15142
In gynecological practice can not do without ultrasound. Such an examination allows a thorough study of the genital organs and the identification of possible pathologies.
Ultrasound of the pelvic organs in women is the standard diagnosis that almost all the representatives of the weaker sex face.
Most often, patients have to do an abdominal ultrasound scan, but in some cases a vaginal or rectal examination may be indicated. The method chosen by the doctor will affect how to prepare for the pelvic ultrasound of a woman.
Typically, the difference will be whether you can eat and drink before the procedure.
If the examination will be performed through the outer abdominal wall, the preparation should include the following steps:
- Revise the usual diet and 3-4 days before the survey to exclude from the menu foods that cause flatulence (whole milk, legumes, grapes, black bread). These days it is better to give preference to light food, steamed or boiled.
- It is possible to get rid of gases not only with the help of diet, but also with the help of preparations based on simethicone and activated carbon. They should also be started 3-4 days before the intended diagnosis.
- In the morning there is before the ultrasound should not be. The last time a woman can eat is no later than 19:00, and at the same time, preference should be given to easily digestible food.
- If the patient suffers from constipation, then two full-fledged cleansing enemas are recommended, which should be done the night before and the morning of the examination.
- An hour before the procedure you need to take care of filling the bladder. You should refrain from going to the toilet and at the same time drink 1.5-2 liters of water.
Preparation of a pelvic ultrasound transvaginal sensor includes such steps. Before you go to the diagnostic center, you need to take care of personal hygiene of the external genital organs.
It is very appropriate to take a shower in advance and change the laundry. So, the patient will feel more comfortable and the diagnostician will be more pleasant to conduct an examination.
In rare cases, ultrasound may be done during menstruation. If the patient is in this situation, then she should take extra sanitary pads or tampons with her. You need to think about what clothes to go for examination.
If the patient is asked to strip to the waist or change into a hospital shirt, it is better to be in such clothes that will be easy to take off.
Most often, a transvaginal examination is performed with an empty bladder, so 30 days before the study you should not drink water or other beverages. And also before the procedure you need to relieve a little need.
In some cases, a complex ultrasound is done – first through the front wall of the abdomen, and then with a vaginal sensor.
In this case, the patient will be asked to partially fill the bladder, so that he lifted the abdominal organs and allowed to visualize the pelvic organs. And then the woman will be asked to go to the toilet and after emptying the urinary will begin to enter the vaginal sensor.
Women transrectal ultrasound do extremely rarely. But nevertheless, if, for some reasons, this particular examination technique was chosen by the doctor, then it is also easy to prepare for an ultrasound of the pelvic organs.
The main thing to do is to clean the intestines before the procedure. Most often, doctors prescribe a convenient pharmacy for oral administration or microclysters.
As a rule, any type of ultrasound is advised to do on the 5–7 day of the cycle. During menstruation, examination is carried out in exceptional cases. If the patient has acute pain, then ultrasound is performed urgently on any day of the cycle.
Gynecologists recommend that all women, even if they have no complaints, conduct an ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs every 2 years in order to identify hidden gynecological diseases. And in order for the survey to be truly informative, it is necessary to adhere to simple preparation principles.